[protege-discussion] Configure plug-in in Applet

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 14:20:53 PST 2009

Hi Len,

What do you meant it does not detect it? Is it a tab plugin and it does
not show up in the Project Menu->Configure?

You may have an AccessControlException in your plugin (for example if
you try to access Java properties, or local resources). If you enable
the Java console in your browser, you will actually see what is going on.

Another option for debugging is to start the applet in a console, by typing:

appletviewer url

where url is the url of the webpage containing the applet. You will see
in that console window the exceptions that are thrown. Look for
AccessControlExceptions related to your plugin.

An example of Protege running as an applet is here (see the HTML code):

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/collab-protege/runAsApplet.html

Tania