[protege-discussion] Configure plug-in in Applet

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 17:06:26 PST 2009

Hi Len,

I think we should continue the discussion on the list, because others
may be interested in the topic.

The panel for the factories might try to access the plugins folder (did
not verify that), and that is why you would get the exception.

I had the same problem with the Protege running as an applet. I had to
write some special code to show directly the remote panel login because
the file chooser that is shown by default would also cause an access
exception. I'm glad you found a workaround.

Another solution would be to sign the jars used by the applet, in which
case the applet should be able to access the local resources.

Tania