[protege-discussion] Java.lang.ClassCastException

Len Yabloko protege at ontospace.net
Mon Mar 9 12:58:48 PDT 2009

Hi Florencia,

It sounds to me like you are dynamically loading some classes at runtime using something like Class.forName() construct. When called from jar it uses the same urlClassLoader for protege.jar and your plugin jars. However, when called by protege a separate class loader is used for plug-in which has no access to classes loaded by Class.forName(). Only generic (staticly loaded) class is recognized, but not its dynamic sub-class. I had similar situation with custom JDBC drivers - they had to be located in root directory of protege to be loaded. Hope this helps.