[protege-discussion] Call for tutorial and workshop proposals at the 11th International Protege Conference

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Fri Mar 13 03:00:06 PDT 2009

   Hi Awatif,

   From a users' point of view, there's not a radical difference. All
my Protege 3.3.1 projects opened fine in Protege 3.4 RC1. The only
thing I had to do was to go into the Preferences and turn off the
option to 'Sort class tree (Classes Tab)' as my class hierarchy is not
ordered alphabetically.

   I do know that a large number of things have changed 'under the
covers'. One thing I did find was that Protege 3.3.1 projects that
were using the database backend cannot be opened correctly by Protege
3.4 but they can be ported by converting the database project back to
PINS and PONT files, opening this in Protege 3.4 and re-converting it
back to database. The database storage for the knowledge base has been
re-implemented in Protege 3.4. I also understand that the Changes Tab
with Collaborative Protege has been worked on a lot but I haven't
tested any compatibility between 3.3.1 version change histories and 3.4.

   Hope this helps

   Regards

   Jonathan _______________________________________

Jonathan Carter  - Head of Technical Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
______________________________________

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project.
  www.enterprise-architecture.org
_______________________________________
  Quoting awatif Mubarak <awalisco at hotmail.com>:

> Hello Colleagues,
>

> I have a question please, Is there any difference between Protege
> 3.3.1 and Protege 3.4 beta.
>
> Much Obliged.
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Awatef
>
>> To: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu
>> From: swt at stanford.edu
>> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:37:54 -0800
>> Subject: [protege-discussion] Call for tutorial and workshop
>> proposals at the 11th International Protege Conference
>>
>> Apologies for multiple postings
>>
>> This is a reminder that the deadline for submitting Tutorial and
>> Workshop proposals for the the 11th International Protege Conference
>> is March 2, 2009.
>>
>> The 11th International Protege Conference will be held June 23-26,
>> 2009 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
>>
>> We invite proposals for workshops, to be held on the first day of the
>> conference, June 23, 2009. We expect workshops will be half-day
>> events. The purpose of the workshops are to provide an informal
>> setting for participants to discuss technical issues and to exchange
>> research ideas. We expect that most of the workshops will be
>> interactive events, centering on discussions rather than
>> presentations. We strongly advise having more than one organizer,
>> bringing different perspectives to the workshop topic. We also
>> encourage submitters to contact us before the deadline if there is any
>> concern about overlap with other similar workshop topics. Workshop
>> attendees must pay the conference registration fee.
>>
>> For details of workshop submission, please see
>> http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2009/cfw.html[1].
>>
>> We invite proposals for tutorials, to be held on the first day of the
>> conference, June 23, 2009. We encourage submitters to contact us before
>> the deadline if there are any concerns about overlap with other
>> similar tutorial topics.
>>
>> For details of tutorial submission, please see
>> http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2009/cft.html[2].
>>
>> The Protege conference is a forum to discuss ontology development and
>> management, applications using ontologies, common problems and
>> solutions. The conference is also an opportunity for Protege users to
>> meet the Protege team, and to learn about our current activities and
>> plans.
>>
>> The conference will include one day of tutorials and small focused
>> workshops on June 23 and two and a half days of the main
>> conference. The main program will include presentations, a poster
>> session, and a demo session. Thus, we would like to solicit your
>> contributions for all the events at the conference. You can find the
>> detailed calls for contributions at the conference Web site:
>> http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2009/[3]. There will be a review
>> process for abstracts and the number of presentations will be limited.
>> All events at the conference will address the following topics (the
>> list is not exhaustive):

> [...]

Links:
------
[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2009/cfw.html