[protege-discussion] data too long for column 'long_value' at row1 in the protege 3.4 rc 2

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 17 11:27:42 PDT 2009

I moved this discussion on the mailing list. Please post messages on the
mailing list, not directly to the developers, as others may be
interested in the topic. Thanks!

Please send the exact exception that you get in the console.

In 3.4, if a value has to be stored in the long_value column, then you
do not need any kind of special setting, because the long_value column
can store up to 16.777.215 characters. So something else must be wrong
in your setup. That is why the exact text of the exception might help.

When you run using the API (not the GUI), it is possible that another
protege.properties is used, not the one that is used in the Protege UI.
If you want to override or set the value of a protege property, you can
use the call:

ApplicationProperties.setString(property, value)

Tania