[protege-discussion] Click to open a URI in a browser?

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Thu Mar 19 17:09:44 PDT 2009

Let me clarify.  I'm looking for a way to use Protege to organize the meta data of the links I'm
interested in, but to be able to break out of Protege to be able to view the linked-to data.  For
example, I have an ontology to categorize science articles, and a property that links to the PDF of
the article so that I can actually launch and view it, similar to the way a link in an email article
launches a browser to render the link.  I don't think a pane in Protege can do this.

I can't be the first person to need this.  Is there an existing widget to launch a link in a browser?