[protege-discussion] How to specify xsd:dataTime as the range of a property in Protege RDF/S

Sw Fan swfan1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 23:04:57 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm using protege RDF/S editor, but it seems that it does not provide the facility to specify XML Schema datatypes as the range.  I am not sure whether it is me that fails to find out how to do this in protege, or it's just a feature that is not supported in protege. I think it's a feature that should be supported in protege anyway, since it's recommended by the RDF spec:

{{
Effectively, this software must be written to process an extended language that includes not only RDF, but also the datatype, as part of its built-in vocabulary. This raises the issue of which datatypes will be generally available in RDF software. Generally, the XML Schema datatypes that are listed as suitable for use in RDF in [RDF-SEMANTICS] have a "first among equals" status in RDF.
}}

Thanks for your comment!

Best,
Mark