[protege-discussion] How to specify xsd:dataTime as the range of a property in Protege RDF/S

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 30 15:27:08 PDT 2009

Mark,

If you are using the RDF Backend ("RDF Files" backend), then you cannot
set the range of a property to XML Schema in the UI.

You should rather use the OWL/RDF Files backend, i.e. Protege-OWL, which
allows you to specify as a range the XML schema data types. We have
another mailing list for protege-owl:
http://protege.stanford.edu/community/lists.html

In Protege-OWL, you simply select from a drop-down list in the
PropertiesTab the range of the property. When you create the file, you
can also select in the "New..." wizard, the "Pure RDF Schema without
OWL" profile, if you want to develop RDF(S) models rather than OWL.

Cheers,
Tania