[protege-discussion] [Protege] Can't load instances into CLIPS

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 30 16:45:47 PDT 2009

Baylor,

Protege frames is storing the classes and instances as CLIPS files, but
is not 100% CLIPS compatible. Some of the issues are documented here
[1]. The classes that are not defined are Protege system classes. I am
not sure how CLIPS handles them. You could try to delete them.

I made a test and exported a frames ontology to CLIPS and I did not see
those classes. Did you use metaclasses in your ontology? If so, then
this is one of the features that is not compatible with CLIPS (see [1]).

You may try the CLIPS Tab and see if you can get it to run with Protege
frames [2,3]. The tab provides you a CLIPS console as a Protege Tab.

Tania

[1]: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/design/clips.html
[2]: http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/CLIPSTabPages/CLIPS_tab.html
[3]: