[protege-discussion] How to specify xsd:dataTime as the range of a property in Protege RDF/S

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 31 10:14:29 PDT 2009

Sw Fan wrote:
> Tania,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I've tried the "Pure RDF Schema without OWL" option, but I found out
> that it's not absolutely pure RDF Schema. I noticed that properties
> are still written as owl:ObjectProperty, which is not recogonized by a
> RDF/S reasoner.

You have to create RDFProperties (the blue icon in the All Tab from the
Properties Tab, tooltip "Create RDF Property"), not the OWL properties
(the rest of the icons).

Protege-OWL is indeed geared more towards OWL than RDF, but with the
right knowledge, you should be able to create also "pure" RDF files :)

Tania