[protege-discussion] problem in reading data from excel files using data master through xlsql

琦常 cqhardrocker at gmail.com
Thu May 7 01:28:24 PDT 2009

Dear Csongor:

                I built an ontology of monitoring system. and I build a
class of sensors. And instances of the sensor have the dataproperty
containing the real data of the sensor. I want to reading the data from
excel files using datamaster. but i followed the step specified in
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/XlSQL-Y8 , but when i click the
connect icon, i just get the imformation as
"message:com.nilostep.xlsql.jdbc.xlDriver"
       And JDBC URL i entered as" jdbc:nilostep:excel:e:\data" , i also
amended my data in the xls file to have only  the data from "1-9", but i
don't know how to enter the user login and password so leaving it black. can
you help me figure out where the problem lies? and whether the way i use the
datamaster is right?  Thanks!

Chang Qi