[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4 OWL to RDF error

Manolis Platakis platakis at di.uoa.gr
Fri May 8 16:36:41 PDT 2009

Tania Tudorache wrote:
> I'm not sure why you get the exception.
>
> You should try either: File -> Export -> OWL  (with native and without
> native writer).
>
> Or, you can choose, File -> Convert Project to Format -> RDF Files

This is the choice that I made; sorry for not making it clear. I have an
OWL ontology and I only want to keep the RDF/RDF(S) data so I tried to
convert it to RDF Files and got the exception. A co-worker of mine faced
the same error with Protege 3.4 with a different ontology in a different PC.

Thanks Tania!

Manolis

> (not OWL/RDF File). This will generate two files: rdf and rdfs. If you
> only want one file, you can copy the content of one into the other.
>
> Tania
>

> Manolis Platakis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I try to export an ontology to RDF in Protege 3.4 (Vista, JRE 6). I
>> choose convert project to format and I pick RDF. In the next window I
>> check the box "plain RDFS (may loose Protege-specific facets)" and click
>> OK. I end up with the following error:
>>
>> Fatal error: java.lang.ClassCastException:
>> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFSLiteral cannot be
>> cast to java.lang.String.
>>
>> Is there any way that I could work around it? Thank you very much in
>> advance.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Manolis

Manolis Platakis, Postgraduate Student & Research Associate
Department of Informatics and Telecommunications
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
http://cgi.di.uoa.gr/~platakis/