[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4 OWL to RDF error

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri May 8 16:52:22 PDT 2009

OK, I understand. I thought you are trying to convert a frames ontology
to RDF. We have a different mailing list, protege-owl, for asking
Protege-OWL questions.

Yes, that conversion never worked.

So, if you have an OWL file, it is already in RDF format :)

If you want to make it "pure" RDF, here are some steps that you can do:

- Project -> Configure -> Options -> Display Hidden Frames
- Project  -> Configure -> Enable the ClsesTab
- In the ClsesTab, select all top-level classes, right click and select
from the context menu: "Change metaclass", then select rdfs:Class
- In the ClsesTab, select each top-level class, right click and select
"Change Metaclass of Subclasses" and then OK.

There are also ways of doing this using a script in the Protege Script
Console, or by writing a small Java program.

For the properties you would do the same. You should change their
metaclass to rdf:Property.

Tania