[protege-discussion] WebProtege Unable to Open Protege Project

Bhaskar Ghosh bjgindia at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 11 05:14:24 PDT 2009

Hello Tania/All,

NOTE: In continuation to this thread (https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-discussion/2009-May/003204.html)

I am facing almost the same problem as Manolis faced (as described in the above thread chain).
I have created a new Protege Project (OWL/RDF Files) named
proc_ontology.pprj. It is also displayed in the WebProtege that I have
set up on my pc.
But, when I click it in WebProtege, I get a"Load project Pizza failed. Message: The call failed on the server; see server log for details"error.

The error messages in the server log says, it was unable to open the
project! I have pasted the Tomcat Server Logs at the end of this mail.
I am also answering to the questions you had asked in the thread chain
earlier.

> 1. What Protege version you are using?
PROTEGE 3.4 FULL VERSION

> 2. Did the Protege server start successfully?
YES

>3. Did you create a user "webprotege" with the password "webprotege" in the metaproject?
>This is how WebProtege connects to the Protege server. >If you didn't, then this is the problem.
>Add the user "webprotege" to the group "World".
>Make sure that the group World has read access to the Pizza project.
>See: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Client_Server_Tutorial_Configuration
YES

>4. Try to connect with a Protege client to the server, using the
>user/pass: webprotege/webprotege and try to open project Pizza. Did you
>succeed?
I am unable to log in to the server using webprotege/webprotege. The Protege client throws a
"Failed to create a session because of either: an invalid username/password combination, or
a firewall problem" error. But, I am sure I am entering webprotege/webprotege and
that this user/pwd combination is added to the metaproject.
It is also the author of the proc_ontology project.

>5. If you succeeded with all previous steps, but still has problems,
>please send me the metaproject files and the a zip file with
>catalina.out from the tomcat/logs folder.

-------------------------------TOMCAT SERVER LOGS-------------------------------
May 11, 2009 5:06:46 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method
'public abstract java.lang.Integer
edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.rpc.OntologyService.loadProject(java.lang.String)'
threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot open
project proc_ontology
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:360)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:546)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:164)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:86)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot open project proc_ontology
    at edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.server.ProjectManager.ensureProjectOpen(Unknown Source)
    at edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.server.ProjectManager.getServerProject(Unknown Source)
    at edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.server.OntologyServiceImpl.loadProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:527)
    ... 16 more

Thanks in advance.

Bhaskar

"Ignorance is Bliss... Knowledge never brings Peace!!!"

      Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/