[protege-discussion] Problem using older projects in Protege 3.4

Hanno Wunderlich hannowun at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 05:07:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

i am moving my old protege projects to protege 3.4 in order to use the new
features (especially these in the server part). But when i load and save one
of my old projects with protege 3.4 i get following warnings for all slots
and clses:

WARNING: null type: my_Cls1 -- InstanceStorer.isStorableInstance()
WARNING: null type: my_Slot1 -- InstanceStorer.isStorableInstance()

After saving all the class-instances were removed from the :STANDARD-CLASS
as well as the slot-instance from the :STANDARD-SLOT.
But when i restart protege with the saved project the clses and slots are
there again (and the warnings occur again when saving).

The Problem can be reproduced as follows:
- create a new project with protege 3.3.1
- create a new cls a in the project
- create a new slot b in the project
- save the project
- load the project in protege 3.4
- save the project

You will get:
WARNING: null type: a -- InstanceStorer.isStorableInstance()
WARNING: null type: b -- InstanceStorer.isStorableInstance()

Is there any way to correct the project so that protege 3.4 will not post
the warnings?

Thanks
Hanno