[protege-discussion] Protege 3.1.1 installer did not work!

Rita Shen shaledova at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:26:46 PDT 2009

Hi, Csongor,

Thanks for prompt reply!

The reason I tried to install the protege 3.1.1 is because I want to have a
look at the plugin TGViz (it is suggested at your wiki that Protege 3.1.1 is
the one compatible with TGVIz).

I installed Protege 3.4 alreay. But the TGViz plugin dose not work properly
on Protege 3.4 (e.g. sub-class and instance do not get shown even after I
enabled these options).

Any suggestions for this problem?
 The best,
Rita

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Csongor Nyulas <
csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi Rita,
>
> I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but you could try
> installing Protege 3.4 because it is better than 3.1.1 in all aspects.
>
> Csongor
>
> Rita Shen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just downloaded the Protege 3.1.1 . But the installer did not work
> > at all and I got the following error message:
> > =====================================
> >
> > me at me-desktop:~/Protege_3.1.1$ ./install_protege.bin
> > Preparing to install...
> > Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
> > Unpacking the JRE...
> > Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
> > Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
> > nawk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Launching installer...
> >
> > grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > /tmp/install.dir.19099/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while
> > file: No such file or directory

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, If you teach him to fish,
you feed him for a lifetime