[protege-discussion] DataMaster connection to SQL Server

Andrew Roberts andrew at thinkingbone.org
Thu May 21 12:29:33 PDT 2009

Csongor Nyulas <csongor.nyulas <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> So, is the problem with setting up the ODBC data source, or when you try
> to connect to the data source using DataMaster?

Dear Csongor,

The datasource is fine and tests out OK according to windows. I have tested the
data source in excel and it works.

In the DataMaster tab the box labelled "Data Source Name" is prefixed with
jdbc:odbc: and has a pull down box. I have to type "EPR-REPOSITORY" into the box
because it is not picking up the User or System data sources on the local
computer. After that I put in my username and password (that let me in to the
database SQL Server Management Studio) and click connect - kabamm!

I'm wondering whether there is some Java setting that is stopping
Protege/Datamaster from connecting to the systems data sources?

Andrew