[protege-discussion] DataMaster plug-in

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Thu May 28 19:40:49 PDT 2009

Hi Gudo,

It depends what you mean by manually or automatically :)
You DO have to specify which tables from the database do you want
DataMaster to import, and also select some import options to instruct
DataMaster how to represent the imported data in your ontology, but once
you press the "Import" button, DataMaster takes care of the rest. You
don't have to (and are not able to) specify custom mappings or
class/property names (except when DataMaster detects a conflict in
names). You can rename your imported classes/properties after DataMaster
finished the import operation.

I hope this answers your question,
Csongor.