[protege-discussion] [protege-owl] help needed with downloading protege source code

Stuart Bertram sjbertram at taz.qinetiq.com
Wed Nov 4 06:35:47 PST 2009

One of the users of one of my own apps (unrelated to Protege) tried
downloading using TortoiseSVN recently and hit the same problem. I've
also got anonymous read access. When I told them they shouldn't need one
they tried again and said "it works now" but didn't say what they did
differently.

On 04/11/09 14:32, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> This sounds like a tortoise svn issue. There is no problem checking out
> the protege sources without a username and password. You only need
> credentials if you are trying to commit changes to svn. I can't check
> this now because I don't have access to a windows machine.
>
> -Timothy
>

> On Nov 3, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Nithya Janarthanan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to download protege source code from
>> http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/owl/trunk/
>> using tortoise svn. But it keeps asking me for username and password.
>> Any body have any idea about it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nithya
>>
>> On Tue, November 3, 2009 2:55 pm, Tania Tudorache wrote:
>>> Dear members of the Protege community,
>>>

>>> It is not too late to help us in the next funding round for Protege!
>>> Please take 2-3 minutes to fill out an easy questionnaire on how you use
>>> Protege. This would help us tremendously to continue to develop and
>>> support our tools. The questionnaire is accessible at:
>>>
>>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=tpk8iJUwgp_2b4RLR8arobAA_3d_3d
>>>

>>> Thank you very much to all of you who have already filled out the
>>> questionnaire.
>>>
>>> We really appreciate your support!
>>>

>>> The Protege team

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
and archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent
to this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.

QinetiQ Limited
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
http://www.qinetiq.com/home/notices/legal.html