[protege-discussion] WebProtege and Frames

tudorache at stanford.edu tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 5 09:40:09 PST 2009

Yes, WebProtege works also with Frames. The Newspaper project comes also as an example in the standard distribution of WebProtege.

We do have the concept of TabWidgets and SlotWidgets in WebProtege, but they are called: "Tab" and "Portlet", or "PropertyPortlet". If you are using some custom tab and slot widgets in desktop Protege, then you would need to adapt their implementation to WebProtege. The interfaces are similar, but the set of UI elements (since it is a web application) is different.

We do have some documentation on the wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtege

but plugins are not yet covered. We are working on it. Still, if you look at the existing tabs and portlets, and the javadoc of the interfaces, it should not be too hard to get started.

We are planning soon a WebProtege release with more editing support.

Tania