[protege-discussion] WebProtege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 5 09:48:41 PST 2009

Hi Anna,

We have a collaborator that implemented a big part of the WebProtege backend with the OWL-API, but it is not yet released. We do plan to have it soon. As much as possible we would like to use more of the OWL-API. There are some complex functionalities that we do not have yet working with the OWL-API (e.g. collaboration, extensions to SWRL, etc.), and this is an impediment.

On the other hand, you should be able to use most Protege 4 ontologies in Protege 3 and WebProtege. There shouldn't be an infinite cycle in P3. Can you send us an example OWL file with this problem? You can send the file also off-line.

The Login problem is fixed in the next WebProtege release. The Login button is now in the top right corner of WebProtege (similar to the iGoogle page), and it is single sign-on for all ontologies, which makes sense.

The list of ontologies that are shown in MyWebProtege tab are also controlled by the access policies: you will only see the ontologies for which you have read access.

We plan to have the new WebProtege release sometimes this month.

Tania