[protege-discussion] Unable to connect to remote protege server using Ontology rich client invoked from webprotege

Kai lists at orbitwerks.com
Tue Nov 10 17:33:54 PST 2009

Tania Tudorache <tudorache <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> Please clarify: you cannot connect to the server using the JNLP (the
> java webstart), or by clicking directly on a project name in the
> MyWebProtege tab in WebProtege?
>
> Can you open the project from WebProtege by clicking on the project name?
>
> Can you connect with the same user/password from a Protege desktop client?
>
> Please send the last log from the Protege directory where you started
> the server, subfolder: logs.
>
> Tania
>
> Mailing List Receiver wrote:
> > Tania,
> >
> > thank you - that worked, now we're stuck at the same problem as
> > bbarani, we cannot connect to the server. The only message that comes
> > up (pop up) is "Cannot connect to server" and I cannot find anything
> > in the logs (where should I look). The installed rich client on the
> > remote machine can connect to the server just fine.
> >
> > Kai.

Tania,

to clarify: web start is the problem. Yes, I can open the project fine in
web-protege (by clicking on the
project name - love the webUI!).

Yes, I can also connect with the same user/password from a Protege
desktop client.

When I try to connect via web-start it asks for verification to allow
the connection. After confirming it it
takes at least 45 sec and returns "Unable to Connect to Server."
There is no entry for this in the log of
the server (I guess it never reaches the server).

I hope this helps to track down the issue.

Kai.