[protege-discussion] Have trouble to find some terms in OWL file using Protege 3.4.1

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Tue Nov 17 15:19:05 PST 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Jie Zheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problem to find the following two terms in Protege 3.4.1
> (It's OK by using Protege 4).
>
> fc_0035    Test of significance of Antithrombin-III level change
> between day 1 and day 4
> fc_0002    RM Lowenthal
>

> I attach the OWL file. Could you please find out why it happened?

Probably because the type of those terms is not indicated by your
ontology.

The terms are referred to by <rdf:Description...> tags, so there isn't
any particular type informaiton (Individual, Class, Property, etc.) in
the owl file you showed us.  I don't know if it is defined in one of
the imported files.

In any case, you can enable the display of such untyped RDF entities
in Protege 3.4.1 by going to the OWL > Preferences... menu item, and
then enabling the "Allow creation of external resources (untyped
URIs)" checkbox in the "General tab".

It should then display the item as an instance of rdf:Description.