[protege-discussion] OpenCyc and Wordnet

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 19 10:59:53 PST 2009

I figure that you are using Protege 4?  I couldn't open it in Protege 3
because of meta-modeling issues.   Memory is not the issue - I opened it
up in 1.7MB.  Since you are using a  64 bit machine this means that you
should be safe with 3.4Mb.

But there is a performance issue with the classes tab which is fixed in
the latest svn.  It looks like there are some other (less severe)
performance issues that perhaps involve the individuals tab.  I have
opened a bug item for these performance issues.

-Timothy

[1] https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/owleditor/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1719