[protege-discussion] installing Protégé - version 4.0.1

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 19 11:49:19 PST 2009

I was able to replicate the problem.  It is quite unfortunate that
Protege responded this violently to this (minor) error.  I can give you
a work around before I fix this issue.

You need to change the java preferences under the hood.  On the page [1]
there is a reference to a simple tool for manipulating your java
preferences.  Walk the hierarchy as follows

  User
    PROTEGE_PREFERENCES
       application_preferences
         org.protege.editor.owl
            RECENT_LOCATIONS_KEY

Select RECENT_LOCATIONS_KEY, click the Node menu and click delete.  Then Protege will be fine again.

-Timothy.

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ClearingP4Preferences