[protege-discussion] webProtege. AnnotationProject. how to create one?

Kai lists at orbitwerks.com
Thu Nov 19 19:42:26 PST 2009

Alex Shkotin <alex.shkotin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> It seems that to store Notes and other annotations we need special
project to be assigned in
AnnotationProject property in metaproject.
> As we have for ex. for Collaborative Pizza project.
> The AnnotationProject (Collaborative Pizza Annotations) is in the
same folder and is rdfs+rdf flavour.
> How can I create such project for my main project?
>
> I tried 2 ways:
> - create new using rdfs;
> - save as existing one and deleting instances.
>
> = bad luck:(
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

this is what I do:

- open the project you need an annotation for directly as a file on the server
- from the menu "Collaboration" choose "Show Collaboration Panel"
- you will be prompted to locate or generate the annotation project
- once you created it, close that project and open the server metaproject
- enable the new annotation project under "PolicyControlledObject" - "Project"
- then link the original project (where your ontology lives) to the annotation
   project by choosing it under "PolicyControlledObject" - "Project." It is the lowest
   field on the bottom right in the form
- restart your server, restart Tomcat (to reload WebProtege)
- done.

I hope this works for you as well as it does for me (I'm using Protege 3.4.1 with
webprotege 0.5 alpha build 200).

Kai.