[protege-discussion] XML Tab / class missing

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 30 16:54:03 PST 2009

Hi Sean,

I think Jonathan asked very good questions. One thing that might have
happened is that the class lost its superclass, in this case it would
still be in the ontology, but it would not show up in the class tree. To
"recover" it, you need to give it a superclass again.

One way of doing this:

1. Find the class: go to the InstancesTab, select the class:
:SYSTEM-CLASS -> :META-CLASS -> :STANDARD-CLASS. Look (and search) in
the instances list. Can you find your class there? If yes, then
continue, if then your class is not a class anymore.. If you can't find
it there, I'll give you other instructions. If you found it, please
continue the steps.

2. Go to the Forms Tab, select :STANDARD-CLASS. Double click on a empty
spot in the right hand side panel, and assign to :DIRECT-SUPERCLASSES
slot the widget "Superclass Widget". Click on OK.

missing class from the instances list, and in the superclass widget add
it the right superclass. You can also just add :THING as the superclass,
and it will show up as a subclass of :THING.

If this is successful, you should revert the change you made to the form
of :STANDARD-CLASS. Go to the Forms Tab, select the superclass widget,
and as the "Widget type" select "none".

Tania