[protege-discussion] Server problem and Ontology list won't display

Natsuda Kasisopha gift8201 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:16:19 PDT 2009

Dear Jennifer,

Sorry for the confusion and frustration on my problem. I'm no different
from you. You were talking about the URL of my web site
"http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/" and how did the
"webprotege" didn't appears on the URL, the URL of
"http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/"  is another alias that
equivalence to "http://localhost:8080/webprotege/" but different host
name. If you put
"http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/webprotege/WebProtege.html",
it would appear Error message "HTTP Status 404  -
/webprotege/webprotege/WebProtege.html". This has shown that the URL
"http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/" already pointing to
"webapps/webprotege/WebProtege.html" just like
"http://localhost:8080/webprotege/" path.

On your request of how am I deployed the Web Protege on the server.
First of all, I'm using a shared server (host) name
"blade1.debii.curtin.edu.au" of the institute that I am studying at. I
access the server remotely by using winSCP. I don't have the direct
access to the server. According to your instruction and the instruction
in the wiki, the Tomcat suppose to unzip the "webprotege.war"
automatically but the winSCP doesn't do that. Thus I unzip the file on
my computer and then upload them to the server. The directory path on
the server, the server administrator manage and provide for me. I'm only
allow to modify/delete the content in webprotege folder.

I notice in the log file i sent you. There were a fill Warning about the
"plugins" directory, please refer to the message below. Is this
directory need for the Web Protege page?
WARNING: Plugins directory not found:
/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/webprotege/plugins
30-Sep-2009 13:57:39 edu.stanford.smi.protege.resource.BundleHelper <init>

WARNING: Plugins directory not found:
/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/webprotege/plugins
30-Sep-2009 13:57:39 edu.stanford.smi.protege.resource.BundleHelper <init>

I hope the information I give would help.
Nat