[protege-discussion] Server problem and Ontology list won't display

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 2 10:20:59 PDT 2009

> Sorry for the confusion and frustration on my problem. I'm no
> different from you. You were talking about the URL of my web site "http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/
> " and how did the "webprotege" didn't appears on the URL, the URL of
> "http://natsuda.tomcat.debii.curtin.edu.au/"  is another alias that
> equivalence to "http://localhost:8080/webprotege/" but different
> host name.

So this might be the key.  An important question is what happens when
you access tomcat directly with

	http://localhost:8080/webprotege

on the different host.

> According to your instruction and the instruction in the wiki, the
> Tomcat suppose to unzip the "webprotege.war" automatically but the
> winSCP doesn't do that. Thus I unzip the file on my computer and
> then upload them to the server.

You should be able to simply upload the war file to the webapps
directory and tomcat will expand the war file itself.  If this is not
happening then somehow you are deploying to the wrong place.

-Timothy