[protege-discussion] Web application

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 09:15:44 PDT 2009

Dear ALL,
I want to develop a knowledge base that can be used in searching for information.
Firstly I have develop an OWL ontology using Protege 3.4.
I have now exported my ontology into MySQL following [1]. The results is as shown in the file OWL-MySQL attached.
Secondly using NetBeans I now connect to it it using [2]. Unfortunately for me the result is as shown as in OWL-MySQL-Netbeans attached. The problem with this result is that the entire " frame" column  appears in funny characters such as

0x40413236345F62323834656535315F363138385F346535625F623765635F356431383537303936363438
26
0x3A4E414D45

false
0
3
@A264_b284ee51_6188_4e5b_b7ec_5d1857096648
NULL
 While in the MySQL database we can have things like "http://www.co-ode.org/...... If I had been successful at this stage I would have used the steps in [3]. I have adopted this strategy because my IT skills are not good, and that is why, I want to use Netbeans so as to exploit other java technologies such as JSP, Servlets, and other installed components such as MySQL, Tomcat. I will really be grateful if someone can help me.
[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Working_with_the_Database_Backend_in_OWL
[2] http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/ide/mysql.html
[3] http://www.netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/mysql-webapp.html

Regards,