[protege-discussion] Web application[No body answering my questions-advice]

Shahim Essaid sielists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:11:22 PDT 2009

Nancy,

I will try to help but I am not clear on what it is that you are trying to
do.  When you use Protege with a database backend you are not supposed to
connect to the database and use the tables directly in some other
application (unless you really know what you are doing).  The database is
only for Protege's own use.  If you would like to use your ontology or model
in another application you will need to reexport your ontology from the
database into one of the other formats.  Alternatively, you can read about
the API that Protege itself uses to properly interact with the database and
go from there.

It might help more if you give some more details about the use case you are
trying to implement and not worry about the database details.

Shahim