[protege-discussion] Protege OWL "Hello World E.g"

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 14:14:49 PDT 2009

Dear protegemembers,
Following advice from one of the members I want to learn how to use  protege API in navigating my ontology. I started with the demo example in [1].
Steps I took:
1: Install Netbeans and  created a java application called OWLAPIDemoApplication and saved it in protege installation folder
2.I added all jar files into my project class path(I did so by right-clicking the project node, then go to properties, then go to Libraries, then go to ADD JAR/Folder)
3. I copied the code from [1] and pasted in my IDE and it appears as in the file OWL1 indicating some errors. When I now click on the error indicator I have file OWl2, When I click on it I have file OWL3.
I thought by adding the  jar files the import files will automamatically be invoked into the project package, but it hasn't. So how do I solve my problem please??

Help
Regards,
Nancy

[1]http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html