[protege-discussion] Protege OWL "Hello World E.g"

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 01:54:41 PDT 2009

Dear Shahim,
On the contrary I have not created any OWLModel class and a ProtegeOWL . Two of the messages I get is that "Create class OWL and ProtegeOWL in package...". Initially I thought I should create  these classes but did not. I thought to import the following models as in the tutorials:
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLModel;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLNamedClass;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL;

I thoought selecting all the jar files and dumping in the classpath will solve the problem.
In doing this I created a folder JARFILE2 and selected all the jar files and dumped  in it. To be sure I also copied the plugin folder in the protege directory and dumped it in JARFILE2.I then add it onto my project classpath. I did so by right-clicking the project node, then go to properties, then go to Libraries, then go to ADD JAR/Folder and added JARFILE2.
Even after this I still have wavy code for my hello world example.

Peharps, can someone help me with a step by step guide to starting a protege-OWL project in Netbeans??  similar to [5]
Any help please!
[5] http://www.iandickinson.me.uk/articles/jena-eclipse-helloworld/

Regards,
Nancy