[protege-discussion] Problems with database backend using DB2

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Oct 15 16:24:11 PDT 2009

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use DB2 as the database backend for a Protege
3.4 project?
I have a user who's reporting that the CreateTable() process is
failing because the MaxCharSize parameters are not being created for
the VARCHAR columns. e.g. Instead of getting a definition like " frame
VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL" it's "frame VARCHAR NOT NULL".

I've had a look at the source code for DatabaseFrameDB.java and I can
see that the table creation process should create the parameter - in
fact, I can't see how it cannot - at the very least it should be
writing VARCHAR() NOT NULL.

Any experience of DB2 or any suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks

Regards

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project.

www.enterprise-architecture.org

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E