[protege-discussion] (web)Protege for collaborative ontologies editing

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:34:23 PDT 2009

> 1. What's the preferred mode for a collaborative ontologies editing
> environment (Local vs. External Mode) ? I don't see the big
> difference except the Protege server being outside the servlets
> container so as to administer and connect with Protege clients.

I think that you should probably go with local mode for now.  It is
simpler and I am not sure that we have a strong answer to which mode
is better.

> 2. How were built the annotation_collaborativePizza
> (.owl.pprj, .owl.rdf, .owl.rdfs) and collaborative_Pizza
> (.owl, .owl.pprj) ontologies ? I'd like to reproduce this working
> example with our own ontologies, shared among teams.

Tania has written a wiki page for this [1].  I think that most of what
you want to know is probably in section 5.1.

-Timothy

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Collaborative_Protege