[protege-discussion] The Pellet reasoner regularly blows up 'running out of memory'

Terry Griffin terry.griffin at centrihealth.com
Wed Sep 2 13:04:13 PDT 2009

I have a small Pizza ontology (from the tutorial), we're using Protege 3.4.1
(build 537) with Pellet 1.5.2 (direct). I have the Java VM configured with
1.5Gb of memory. I have a very small number of individuals.

 Doing a "check consistency" takes a really long time and eventually
generates an "OutOfMemoryException" from Java.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, comments?
Thanks