[protege-discussion] An interesting pizza... or max and exactly cardinality not working?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Tue Sep 8 12:44:03 PDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 1:58 AM, maarten wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Studying the pizza.owl, I didn't get cardinalities max or exactly to
> work the way I expected.
>
> An interesting pizza has the following equivalent class: Pizza and
> hasTopping min 3 Thing
>
> When I change this (or create a similar pizza) with 'max' or
> 'exactly' instead of 'min', I don't get the expected result (e.g.
> all pizzas with 3 or less toppings, or exactly 3 toppings).
>
> I'm quite new to owl modeling and protege 4, so I'm probably missing
> something.

Open world semantics.

If you search on the protege-owl mailing list archives, this comes up
quite frequently.

For example:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/25589/focus=25624
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/18189/focus=18213