[protege-discussion] Can't classify the OWL class properly, Why?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Tue Sep 8 12:48:29 PDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> You can close an individual off by adding an anonymous type for the
> individual.  If you want to say that the individual  i  has exactly
> one pA value of j then you can assert
>
> 	i pA j
>
> and
>
> 	i hasType pA max 1.
>
> The second of these assertions can be added in Protege 3 by clicking
> on the second icon above the asserted types in the individuals  tab.

Another option would be to explicitly enumerate all of the fillers and
then assert that those are the only fillers.  It would look like

          i hasType (pA only {j})

for an instance "i" that has "j" as its only filler of "pA".  If there
are more fillers, say j, k and m then it would need to be

          i hasType (pA only {j, k, m})