[protege-discussion] Server problem and Ontology list won't display

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 24 14:36:24 PDT 2009

Hello Nat,

In your log file, there is an error that indicates that WebProtege was
not deployed correctly:

"The module path requested, /webprotege/, is not in the same web
application as this servlet, /natsuda."

When you drop the WebProtege WAR file into your Servlet Container, it
should unpack to a path that looks like this (I'm using Tomcat as an
example here):

<your-tomcat-installation-directory>/webapps/webprotege/

Instead, it seems you've somehow deployed to:

<your-tomcat-installation-directory>/webapps/natsuda/

This will break WebProtege because the location of the servlets no
longer matches the content of the url-pattern elements in the
WEB-INF/web.xml file.

I suggest that you re-deploy WebProtege and when it unpacks into your
Servlet Container, do not change the webprotege directory to another name.

Jennifer