[protege-discussion] Inquiries on Web Protege server deployment and modifying.

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 24 14:45:08 PDT 2009

Hello Natsuda,

Natsuda Kasisopha wrote:
> And I also check out the source code from the SVN, how come the
> WebProtege.html has different interface from the .war? How can i make
> the page look like the html in .war file?

I don't understand what you mean when you say that the HTML file has a
different interface from the WAR file.  The WAR file is simply the file
that you use to deploy WebProtege into your Servlet Container.  The
WebProtege.html file is the entry point to the WebProtege application.

> which file are involve for coding?

The source code for WebProtege can be checked out from here:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/web-protege/trunk/

We have detailed instructions for compiling and running WebProtege from
Eclipse on our wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

There is a note at the top of this wiki page indicating that the page is
under construction.  It is actually fairly complete - the only thing
missing is the last section on running WebProtege with an external
server (the Protege Server).  But, you can run WebProtege with example
projects loaded from a local directory, which should be sufficient for
your needs.

Jennifer