[protege-discussion] Refering to the same individual on a equivalency assumption/reasoning

João Cabrita jommcabrita at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 04:03:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

I was having some trouble with getting a small equivalency reasoning done.

Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve in the equivalent classes
expression editor:

Entity A and ObjectPropertyA some
 (EntityB and (ObjectPropertyB some (EntityB and inverseObjectPropertyA some
EntityA)))

Now let me try and explain to see if I am doing things correctly. I want to
have the individuals of EntityA that has 2 EntityB related to it with the
ObjectPropertyA and inverseObjectPropertyA while those 2 EntityB are related
with the ObjectPropertyB.

For this to work correctly, I need that the individual refered in the 2nd
EntityA is the same than the first one, or else it could use any individual
that was an instance of EntityA instead of the same one.

Any ideas on how this could be done? Thank you for your help and time.

Best Regards,
Joao