[protege-discussion] Using string equivalency for classes

João Cabrita jommcabrita at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 04:04:15 PDT 2010

Hi protege forum,

I have read many papers and the technical guides that teach us how to use
datatype properties to place individuals in correct class assumptions (for
instance the pizza example with calories over 400).

However, I would like to achieve the same result while using strings. For
instance an instance with a certain DatatypeProperty that has the string
"finished" would go to a class and another with the value "inProgress" would
go to another one.

I have written equivalent class expressions to do this, but there are two
problems: The first one is that I cannot seem to use the "==" or the correct
langPattern equivalency, only a <= sign or similar.
The second problem is that even with this <= problem, the reasoner does not
place the individuals in the correct places.

If you could please give me a little explanation or hint on how to do this
it would be tremendous help.

Thank you for any help.

Best Regards,
Joao