[protege-discussion] Accessing Protege Knowledgebase from C/C++

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:21:39 PDT 2010

In Protege 4.1, FaCT++ is a C++ application that connects to Protege
using JNI.  This is probably the simplest approach but it has a
downside.  The Java language provides safety guarantees that are not
provided  by C++.  Thus a segmentation fault  in the  C++ code can
bring  down the JVM.  This should not happen with a jvm with pure java
code.  I haven't looked at how the FaCT++ plugin is implemented so I
don't have too much to add here.

-Timothy