[protege-discussion] Accessing Protege Knowledgebase from C/C++

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:07:23 PDT 2010

Yes. We intend to access Protege as a remote server, as well as locally. Our
first pass is local access. Using the following example code we were able to
get the interface to work at its most basic level -

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2001/jw-0511-legacy.html

Not very exotic - and pretty verbose - but it works to a local
knowledgebase.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Peris Brodsky <
perisbrodsky2011 at u.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Could you be a little more specific about what you mean by "fetch values"?
>  Also, is your KB to use Protege as a multiuser server?
>
> -Peris
>
>   On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Ron Schultz <rcaschultz at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>   Has anyone connected to Protege, either a local or remote
>> knowledgebase, using C/C++? I have an application that needs to fetch values
>> from a Protege knowledgebase into a C/C++ application. I have been
>> researching the Java Native Interface (JNI) but thought I would reach out to
>> the user community to see if anyone has already done this, and if so, would
>> they be willing to share an example.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ron

> --
> “Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

Ron