[protege-discussion] protege with other languages

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Thu Apr 15 22:32:12 PDT 2010

A question very similar to this was answered very recently.  Sinhala is
included in the unicode standard (chart attached).  Unicode is fully
supported by Protege.

There are a couple of system specific issues that come up though.  There
is the issue of telling the operating system to support sinhala keyboard
input.  I am able to do this on my linux machine here but I can't speak
for your system.  I have done similar things on os x and windows machines.

Finally there is the question of whether your java installation includes
all the needed fonts.  This isn't working so well on my linux machine
but I would bet that windows and os x machines will do fine.  This last
issue is something that I don't understand so well at the moment.  I
would like to know how to fix this.