[protege-discussion] protege with other languages

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 17 09:38:58 PDT 2010

So I modified the ontology sent earlier to give an example of what I
meant about the rdfs:label.  The attached ontology is a modified version
of the ontology which has both english and sanscrit display names for
the classes.

If you

   1. go to the File menu,
   2. click Preferences
   3. select the Rendering tab
   4. select "Render entities using annotation values"
   5. Click Annotations
   6. change the languages associated with rdfs:label to be "sa,en,!"
      (Note you have to move the focus to ensure that this takes.  There
      is some bug on this panel where the user thinks that the language
      is changed but it reverts back.)
   7. OK out of all the menus

then the ontology will display in sanscrit. If you change the languages
to "en,sa,!" or "en,!" then the ontology will display in english.  This
is how you can make an ontology accessible in multiple languages.

-Timothy