[protege-discussion] represent classes in other languages

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 22 07:31:36 PDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 03:14 AM, manjula wijewickrema wrote:
> Dear Alex,
> Tanks a lot for your kind reply. But my question is not so deep. Still
> I am strugling with developing my ontology (relevant classes, sub
> classes, etc.) using sinhala text. Although I installed Sinhala
> unicode in my machine. I can't name the classes using Sinhala fonts.
> You can see this scenario from the attched screen shot which I have
> attached to this email (pls. be kind enough to see the attached file).
> But however I can type sinhala texts in other applications (eg:
> MsWord, Notepade, etc.). So why I can't use Sinhala texts with this
> application. What's the reason for this.

It is quite possible that you are succeeding better than you think.
This is the one problem that occurs occasionally that I still haven't
figured out.  It is possible that you are successfully inputting the
names but they are not displaying correctly.  If you send me an ontology
with something typed in, I can figure out what is there and send some
information back.  Alternatively cutting and pasting this text between
applications occasionally lets you know if you have it right. If this is
true we will need to do some more research or - hopefully - someone
reading this will know the fix.

Also I can see from your screenshot that your font has been modified.
This is a Protege 4 bug that we need to fix soon.  You only need to do
the following once but you can fix the font by going to
"File->Preferences" and clicking on the "Renderer" tab.  In there change
the font to dialog or - depending on your system - dialog.plain.

-Timothy