[protege-discussion] represent classes in other languages

Alex Shkotin alex.shkotin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:09:23 PDT 2010

Hi Timothy,

1. we do not invent terms and codes for "concepts". And we can not change
terms.
we just take terms from *official adjusted dictionary* (Russian-English) and
write formally dependencies. The only new is to change " " inside complex
term to "_".
This is a dictionary like any bilingual but is represented formally.
Mistyping in a dictionary is very unlikely.

Any ontology using these terms must be checked against this dictionary
before go to production and being referenced. Let me say this is a
technology issue.
This is a solution of mistyping problem not concept codes.

2. To read bilingual text is always difficult;-)

3. Let me say this way: somebody prefers coding (like ATypeGranite,
Concept001...) and coding agreements (multi-lang labels is just one of
them).
It is important yet not to invent terms;-)

Alex