[protege-discussion] Moving or Copying subtree of classes from one ontology to another

McArthur, Christian cm1481 at txstate.edu
Thu Apr 29 08:41:02 PDT 2010

Howdy All!

The research group I am a member of is currently working with two ontologies.  We are currently using Protege 3.4 to modify the ontologies (the professor leading the group likes the form based approach to creating instances).  Recently we have had situations where we want to have a subtree of classes that exists in one ontology and use it in the other ontology.  I have not found a way to accomplish this with Protege 3.4, so I've been modifying the XML/OWL files by hand with a text editor (which can be annoying for a large group of classes).  Am I overlooking an easier way of moving/copying classes from one ontology to another with Protege?

Thanks
--Christian