[protege-discussion] uri, frames, owl or not

Richard Bogosian rwbogosian at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:36:37 PDT 2010

I am new to Protege and have a question regarding Frames and OWL versions. I downloaded what I believed to be Protege-Frames 4.1 Beta. When I run the program, it insists that I create a new OWL or select an existing OWL ontology. The part that bothers me is that when I select "create new", I am forced to provide a web-based uri. What if I don't want to publish anything to the internet. Is there some way around this requirement? If I am working on proprietary information, I won't want to risk putting it on any website. I am going thru the documentation but so far I've seen nothing that addresses this issue.